If I use my own fat to enlarge my buttocks, won't I eventually burn that fat?

I have a very fast metabolism and it's impossible for me to keep weight on. I don't have a lot of fat on other parts of my body to transfer to my buttocks. I'd rather not take any from my breasts. And since it's my own fat that would be used, will I eventually burn that fat? To me, that would defeat the purpose.

Fat does not disappear #fat grafting #bbl

when a patient gains weight the individual fat cells become larger, if the patient looses weight the cells become smaller. The average fat cells survival in fat grafting is around 60%. Those fat cells will behave like the fat cells in the donor site. If the patient gains weight they will get bigger, if the patient loose weight,  they will get smaller, but the proportion of the back to buttocks will be maintained.

If you have areas of fat deposits (for example "muffin tops") those areas can be harvested and transfer to the buttocks with an improvement on your overall shape. The fat cells that survive will do permanently.

Be sure you seek the help/advise of a board certified plastic surgeon, preferably a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Burning Transferred Fat After a Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you very much for your question. As long as you remain at a consistent weight, you should expect to retain from 40-50% of the transferred fat after your Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. Losing weight, however, can mean the fat cells will shrink, and you will lose volume in your buttocks. I recommend that you schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. He/she will review your medical history and perform a physical evaluation to determine if the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is right for your individual situation

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. after a bbl procedure the 100% that is injected the day of surgery can go away and turn into a 40% after a couple of weeks because our own fat absorbes it..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Fat in buttocks

If your weight stays consistent, you will not "burn"the fat off. If you lose a lot of weight, then just like everywhere else, the butt will likely shrink.

BBL

From your description, you do not sound like a good candidate for a BBL. A good candidate will have an adequate amount of fat to be harvested and transferred to the buttocks, and maintain a stable weight. Weight fluctuation can affect your results but if your maintain a stable weight, then you will see long-lasting results. That is why we recommend that patients remain at their goal weight for at least 3-6 months prior to having surgery. If you have low body fat and a fast metabolism then you would be a better candidate for buttock implants. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Gluteal implant

If you do not have sufficient fat for a gluteal fat graft, you should consider a gluteal implant. It works like a breast implant, but it is placed into the gluteal muscle. This is a very common procedure in Brazil.

Andre Eyler, MD
Brazil Plastic Surgeon