1 month post op and notice open wounds. (photos)

I'm 1 month post op, and I noticed that I have these 2 sores or opened wounds ones on my left breast and ones on the right and ones on the left close to my nipple. I put antibiotic ointment on it with a bandaid and when I go to change out my bandaid there's this yellow white cream type stuff on my bandaid mixed in with a bit of blood. Should I go to the E.R and get it checked out or just wait to try and see my surgeon? It's also red around my breast, should I be worried?

Wound one month post

This will likely heal with time and conservative measures.  You should follow-up with your surgeon to receive appropriate wound care instructions and follow-up to make sure it is progressing the way it needs to.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Wound Issue

I wouldn't expect these types of wound openings 1 month post op. Certainly if you've had a change of course, let your Plastic Surgeon know. They should examine you in person.

All the best

Breast wounds

I would certainly  follow up with your surgeon. Anytime you have a change in your post op recovery, it is time to be evaluated. Best of luck!

Wounds care

It is very important to contact your surgeon for any concerns with wound care. He or she can advise you on the best course of treatment. 

David M. Creech, MD
Chandler Plastic Surgeon

1 month post -op and open wounds

HI origer,

You really should see your surgeon, especially if you are having redness beyond your open wounds. It might be time for some antibiotics and a different wound care regimen.

You might also check to see if your bra is rubbing on these wounds.

Dr. Christine Rodgers

Wound on breast

Thanks for your inquiry, please get a hold of your surgeon to advise. Early wound management can prevent future issues and allow for better healing.  

One month postop

Send these same pictures to your operating surgeon for their assessment and guidance in terms of getting this to heal more quickly.

1 month post op and notice open wounds.

Thank you for your question. I recommend to call and see your PS. Look like some wound healing issues. Need local wound care and need to assess to make sure no deep infection.

Open breast wounds

Hi Origers

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon.

You have a wound healing problem, likely caused by inadequate circulation- this happens, and fortunately for you, it is only a small area and should ultimately heal nicely.

The other problem I see is a suture that has surfaced and needs to be removed.  The "spitting suture", is another possible reason for the sores.

In either event, I would ask the doctor about the ointment, as you do not appear to be infected.  I have experienced in my practice that use of antibiotic ointment for longer than a few days can lead to a very bad yeast infection.

All the best.

Sek

Wounds on breast

It is best to visit with your surgeon for instructions on how to care for your wounds.  They appear superficial in nature, but do need to be addressed so they can heal properly.