The more Fraxel treatments the better or is there a maximum improvement point?

So I know you cannot cure them but you can help the look. I have heard people say that the more treatments the more improvement but every they say it will take 3-5 passes of fraxel or whatever laser you use. if I get say 6 would that help it even more or maybe even 8 or would the improvement kinda plateau so you would not see much difference after like 5 treatments? mine are not very deep but I hate them

Fraxel Treatments

Thank you for your question. There are diminishing returns and in creased risk with each treatment if the depth is significant, and your skin is high risk. See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, to plaln for a high yield treatment, with low risk profile. I hope this helps!

Fraxel Laser and Number of Treatments

Fraxel laser is a fabulous laser to treat acne scars.  The number of treatments really depends on the depth and type of acne scars.  An in office consultation is really the only way to know if there is a combination of treatments necessary.  Each time you have Fraxel done, you will produce new collagen and have better results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with Fraxel for the best cosmetic results. 

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Fraxels and Improvement in Skin

What is it you are referring to?  Acne Scars?  If so it often takes many treatments and requires a combination of other things for best improvement --- fillers, microneedling, subcision etc. I suggest seeing a scarring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.