Would my tonsillitis/bacterial infection have anything to do with going under GA/breast augmentation?

On the 15th of October, I had breast augmentation which I am very pleased with. That day I felt like I was starting to get a sore throat however didn't have a temperature as far as I'm aware. My temp was 38 when I was hospitalised that night. I thought I was getting better till only a couple of days ago, an excruciating sore throat. Turns out I have tonsillitis and my blood results are a bit abnormal. Dr likes to believe this is because of going under GA, surgery etc.

Most likely not

Most patients undergoing breast augmentation with general anesthesia do not develop tonsillitis.  It is more likely a coincidence.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizguchi, MD

Tonsillitis after GA

Hello, it is difficult to speculate about the relationship between your tonsillitis and your surgery based on a description alone.