Does sunblock reduce the effectiveness of Lightsheer diode laser?

I went to a clinic which uses Lightsheer diode for hair removal. The nurse did not cleanse my face which has sunblock on and then the derm proceeded to laser my skin. Does sunscreen reduce the effectiveness of the laser?

Does sunblock effect results for LHR

I would express these concerns to your physician or laser technician at your next visit. It's very unlikely that wearing SPF during a treatment will compromise the the effectiveness of your treatment. 

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sunblock and Laser hair treatment

While it is unlikely that this caused any issues, I would recommend washing off any products prior to laser treatments going forward.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Effect of sunblock on Lightsheer laser treatment

The simple answer is probably not. The wavelength of this laser, 810 nm, is absorbed only by dark pigment at the level of the hair shaft and follicle. Most sunblocks that are not tinted would not block absorption of the laser energy.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon