Is it okay to do Restylane or Perlane 6-8 months before Rhinoplasty surgery?

I personally would like to try Restylane or Perlane to see the results before getting rhinoplasty done. I was planning to try either one of the fillers injections instead of Radiesse as I am aware that Radiesse last longer and take longer time to dissolve. Is it alright for me to do Restylane or Perlane 6-7 months before I do Rhinoplasty surgery?

Fillers and Rhinoplasty

Great question! For patients who may be on the fence about having a surgical rhinoplasty, a non-surgical rhinoplasty using fillers can be a great option. While the results are never the same as a surgical procedure, the benefits of a more temporary treatment are often comforting. If a patient has had a previous non-surgical rhinoplasty, surgery is still an option once the fillers have completely dissolved. I recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can review your medical history and discuss the benefits of both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures with you in more detail. A word of caution- the injector must be very experienced both in injecting fillers and rhinoplasty surgery. Injection skills are needed as there is a risk of causing skin necrosis and blindness in this particular area. Rhinoplasty expertise is required to create a harmonious and beautiful aesthetic outcome. 

Dermal fillers for "liquid nose jobs"

Thank you for sharing your good question. Fillers are great for correcting issues involving the nose. You can get months to over a year improvement depending on type of dermal filler used. Perlane "Restylane Lyft" can last more than a year, so you would not want to have surgery before it has completely dissolved. Discuss this with your doctor.
Good luck, 

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

Fillers are a great alternative to a rhinoplasty, I tend to use a lot of Voluma for this type of procedure. I would think that a non-surgical rhinoplasty is a safe idea before attempting a surgical route. I would discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon before seeking treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Hello Ccji,

If you are asking is it ok to inject those fillers in your nose before Rhinoplasty, then I would hold off.  They would nearly be completely gone in 8 months but even if a small amount remains at the time of your surgery it can affect what your surgeon does.  Now if you are having those injected in any other areas of the face then it would have no impact on your rhinoplasty.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler before rhibnoplasty

There should be no problem getting either of these before your rhinoplasty. actually you could also get Radiesse without any difficulty

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist