Is my private area hair dark enough for laser hair removal? (photos)

I am Caucasian, very fair with medium blonde hair. Although my underarm and pubic hair is very dark brown. Excuse the tmi! However I'm sure a Dr won't be offended.

Darker hair and lighter skin

The laser needs a target to hit and typically the darkest target will win.  This is why light skin and dark hair is often a great candidate for laser hair removal.  Keys to successful laser hair removal include consistent followups and use of appropriate type of laser and laser settings.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Laser Hair Removal

Yes. You are a perfect candidate for laser hair removal. Your hair is thick and dark. Laser hair removal requires 4-6 treatments to effectively treat the area.  You would return every 4-6 weeks depending on the area being treated and the new active hair growth. Best of luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hair removal candidate?

Yes, you are perfect for laser hair removal. The hair is thick and dark and your skin isn't too dark. I would probably use the Lightsheer Duet, a diode laser for this. It takes 6 treatments or more for 75% results and then touch ups about every 6-12 months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD