Can a plastic surgeon fix my overbite?

If so, what is the name of surgery? Can this be done also by pulling my chin forward to fix a semi receding chin?

Doctor Answers 1


usually oral and maxillofacial surgeon perform this surgery which is called Orthognathic. You would need to have braces first. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.