What should be done to my nose? Am I a candidate for DCF? (photo)

I feel like my nose is wide and bulbous. Whenever I smile, it tends to stretch horizontally and be very round and big. I know my alar is wide and I'm intending to do the alarplasty. By the way, I've heard about DCF and the reviews are quite good. I'm wondering if I'm suitable for that surgery. Is it possible for me to narrow and minimize my nose?

DCF as an option

DCF can allow significant bridge height increases which will help your profile and make your nose look more refined front on - however if some resorbs you can end up with some irregularities that may need further adjustment - many surgeons prefer traditional rib grating which can make more change to your tip .An alar /nostril reduction can  help narrow the alar area

What should be done to my nose? Am I a candidate for DCF?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. Surgeon who is an except with the Asian Rhinoplasty would be highly recommened in your case. 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon