Normal to have a very red and shiny tip after i-implant + ear cartilage (for the nose tip) rhinoplasty? (photo)

I just got an asian rhinoplasty with implant on the bridge and ear cartilage on the tip. Today is 4 days post-op and the tip of my nose is very firm and very red and shiny. Is it normal or is it infection or maybe the implant is too high for me? And do i need a revision? Also, what medication do i need to reduce the redness? At this point, i'm really afraid. Thank you

Post-Rhinoplasty with Implant

It is best to contact your original surgeon.  He/she will likely want you to come in for an evaluation.  In general, it is best to avoid implants in the nose as these often have to be revised for reasons of infection, migration, rejection, etc. and best to have the nose built with tissue from within your own body.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Early Post Rhinoplasty Infection?

Redness, swelling, tenderness and fever are all signs and symptoms of post operative infection. From you photo, you may have an infection. Contact your physician immediately and have yourself evaluated. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon