I currently have over the muscle 350cc mentor and I'm suffering from contracture. This is my second surgery. (photos)

Doc suggested drop shaped mentor CPG 300cc. Another one prefer keep round shape (both texturized) 1) possible to perform total capsulectomia by using the the incision around the nipple (7 cm)? Or inframmary? 2) is implant shape/size adequate? I like the idea of natural breasts but I'm afraid of rotations... 3) is it easy to close the pocket and make it right to adapt to drop shape? Do I risk seromas or hematomas? 4) what would you personally recommend ? Many thanks for your kindness ...

Capsular Contracture After #BreastAugmentation

There is no guaranteed way to ensure that the capsule will not come back but the ideal choice would be to place the implant is a submuscular position and begin with a new implant. The best incision is the breast crease and there is a real risk for a rotation of an anatomic implant unless you create a new space under the muscle. This is a complicated topic and should be reviewed in person with your surgeon.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Recurrent capsule a second time

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• I am so sorry you are going through this struggle with your implants.
  • You are thin, the implants are over the muscle and you have a capsular contracture.
  • The best approach now is to put implants under the muscle and cover them with ADM or synthetic mesh
  • Use new implants - if you are afraid of rotation, stay with a round implant.
  • The implants look a bit large for your chest - if so, a slightly smaller implant may help.
  • A textured implant might reduce the risk of recurrent contracture.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Treatment of capsular contraction after breast augmentation

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced. Capsular contraction can be a very frustrating complication for both patients and surgeons.  In my practice, I have found the most success treating these difficult problems utilizing techniques such as sub muscular pocket conversion (if relevant), capsulectomy, use of fresh implants, and the use of acellular dermal matrix (especially for recurrent encapsulation).  Acellular dermal matrix is a biologic implant that carries the ability to become integrated into native tissue. It is made by taking a full thickness section of skin from a donor source (his human, porcine, or bovine in origin). 

I hope this, and attach link ( demonstrating a case utilizing acellular dermal matrix) helps.