Can Mongolian birthmarks be removed/reduced? I have a huge one all across the left side of my back...

Doctor Answers 1

Yes they can. Laser can help

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
First of all, these are v common in Asians- I think I had 2 as a child. Most will fade with time- however Q switch 1064 Nd Yag can help (Picoway or Enlighten probably the best). I think you need a diagnosis first, so please post a photo for a definite diagnosis. 

The best person in Singapore that has a Picosecond 1064 long pulse lasers is Prof. C.L Goh- one of the best dermatologist in Asia. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Brisbane, Australia. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.