Can I get this mole removed on my chest with a small scar? (Photo)

I realize there will be some scaring with any surgery. I would be happy with flap pink scarring but not keloid. Is this possible? It's a pink mole on my chest. I am Caucasian and do not scar badly as I've had other mole removal.

Mole on the chest

Thank you for your question.  If the mole has not changed, has no symptoms, and looks normal I recommend keeping it.  It is possible to numb the area and complete a shave biopsy to have the area flat.  However, the chest is one of the worst places to biopsy cosmetically.  There is a high risk of an elevated scar (hypertrophic scar) due to the constant pull of the breasts on that skin.  Also, a white scar would be more noticeable in that area.  From you photo it looks like you do not tan and I think you would heal well.  However, there is no guarantee that you would not develop a scar that looks worse than the mole.  I wish you the best!

San Diego Dermatologist