How long does it take for moles/pigmentation to heal from laser? (photos)

I had some ablative laser done a few hours ago and it obviously bled. They are red, scabby and bad looking. How long does it usually take for these to fall of and for the new skin to come through?

Healing after laser treatments

Thank you for your question bellelewis1. Healing after an ablative laser treatment on the body can take up to two weeks. For my patients I recommend using an occlusive product like Vaseline or Aquaphor several times a day to speed up the recovery time. Since these can be greasy, many people prefer to apply them on a wet skin surface. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician