How long for cryolipolysis treatments with a non-zeltiq fat freeze machine?

I am 58kg and 169cm and am happy with my body. Should I sign up for fat freeze sessions for maintenance as I am starting a desk job soon? Also, I am wondering what is the minimum duration for fat freeze treatments to work. I was given the option of 20 mins and 45 mins (at a much higher price). If 20 is sufficient, I would much rather pay less. The machine for this 20 minutes machine is called Nouvelle, and the process is called cryolipolysis which I understand to be synonymous with fat freeze.

Should I use a non Zeltiq machine

Hi,
You have an excellent question because a recent article came out to all dermatologists and plastic surgeons to be careful not to buy knockoff Coolsculpting or Ultherapy machines.  There have been documented cases of freezing burns.  With Zeltiq, there are many safety features to prevent this.

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Be careful with zeltiq knockoffs

coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. The machine by Zeltiq has many built in safety control mechanisms to protect the skin and other tissue around the fat. Consider treatment with the real thing.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Zeltiq CoolSculpting is Trusted for Cryolipolysis

CoolSculpting is a great way to get rid of pockets of stubborn fat that don't respond to diet or exercise. In your case, if you simply maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, you might find that you don't require any sort of treatment at all. If you do find that you have stubborn pockets of fat, then CoolSculpting might be right for you. CoolSculpting is the only procedure cleared by the FDA for cryolipolysis, meaning we know that it's both effective and safe and that it does what it says it does. I would be very wary and cautious of any other type of treatment - there's no way to know how effective (or more importantly, how safe) it is to use. Your health, wellbeing, and appearance are not worth the risk.

Frank Lista, MD

What Is the Best Fat-Freezing Treatment?

Congratulations on your new job! 

Regarding fat-freezing you mentioned two important points.

First, you say you're happy with your body and you're just looking for maintenance. Fat freezing changes your body by decreasing a fatty bulge by 20 to 25%. It's not a maintenance treatment since it changes your body.

Second, if you do decide to have a bulge treated, don't use any other machine than Zeltiq's CoolSculpting. It is the most effective and safest fat freezing technology available.

Each treatment takes an hour, but if an office has only one machine for a two-sided area, that would take two hours.. In our office we have two machines and are able to double up treatments, which can really save the patient time. The number of areas treated depends on the patient's customized treatment plan.

Click below to see a case of CoolSculpting of the Inner Thighs.

Since your biggest concern is keeping in shape while working a desk job, you might want to invest in an activity monitor such as Fitbit instead.

Good luck with your new job!

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is the gold standard for cryolipolysis

in my experience, Coolsculpting is the only technology that works.  it works the best and takes 1 hour per area.  If you have a practice like mine, we do both areas at once (two machines) and we do both treatments (each side twice or two hours).  Then you are done.  Follow up is just to gauge the response and documentation, but no other treatments are usually needed.  Anything short of that.....expect minimal result, minimal return, for minimal effort and time.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon