Why did the laser resurfacing not work on my chest mole? (photo)

I had pigment/freckles removed on my chest and they are scabbed up (hoping they were removed) and Dr also went over a mole. A tiny layer fell of the mole and it's still there but changed to red colour.

Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. Laser skin resurfacing is performed for the very top layer of skin, however, you should consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon about the exact laser utilized.  Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser for mole

Certain lasers can remove superficial pigment.  They will not do well on a mole since this has deep roots. YOu have to remove them surgically.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon