I forgot to moisturise one day after undergoing a fractional co2 laser. Will there be any side effects? (Photo)

I am a 23 year old male, with minor acne scars which I sought to treat with the laser. I initially forgot to apply the prescribed moisturiser the day after but the moment I remembered on the 2nd day (post op), I immediately followed my doctor's orders. Will there be any side effects (like rough skin)? If so is it permanent or treatable? Right now it feels rough but a little better after I applied the moisturiser.

Healing after CO2 fractional laser

One day without the moisturizer should not affect your long term outcome. You will feel much better with the moisturizer on while you are healing. After approximately 5 to 7 days, your skin will peel - be sure not to pick at the skin. As you peel, you will notice very smooth skin beneath. Redness lasts for up to weeks to months but will gradually resolve. Looks like you have had a very complete and even treatment. Be sure to follow-up with your doctor for his/her instructions.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Co2 Laser and Results

There should be no long term side effects of not applying moisture one day post-op. Continue to follow your physicians protocol and consult with him or her for any concerns. Best, Dr. Emer