I had right armpit lipoma surgery 1 month ago. It hurts raising my arm, I'm unable to extend it fully. Do I need a revision?

It's a huge lump of 13 cm, All scars are healing beautifully but it hurts raising my arm. I can feel the tightness of a certain strand of muscle when I stretch and I can see it raising up as a ridge from the cut all the way to my elbow bend...scary! If I flex further it may burst/ rupture? I think my surgeon has sew it to tightly to the cut. Thanks!

I had right armpit lipoma surgery 1 month ago. It hurts raising my arm, do I need a revision?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Without a full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice but in general the closure of a lipoma incision should not place too much tension on your skin and muscle as the lipoma's growth has stretched out your tissue, making closure easier.  Though some stiffness or decreased range of motion is not unusual during the healing process, I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to ensure no other issues are taking place.  Hope this helps.