Fraxel for scar on forehead? (photos)

Hi, I have a scar on my forehead due to a road accident 7 years ago. I have attached the photo of my scar here. Will fraxel help in improving this scar? If so, how much improvement can I expect? Or will a surgical excision of the scar be a better option for me?

Fraxel for scar on forehead?

Thank you for your question. There are several different laser treatments that can help improve your scar.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for a treatment plan that will work best for you.

Fraxel for Scars

Fraxel is the gold standard for treating scars.  I also utilize the eMatrix laser since it is "color blind" and am able to use it for scars regardless of the skin type.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in cosmetic lasers.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel for scar on forehead?

Fraxel® resurfacing laser is the current gold standard for resurfacing scars. Since scars may require different treatments and lasers for best resolution, please consult an expert aesthetic laser dermatologist for your evaluation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited

Elliot M. Heller, MD