What's difference between fractional laser and microneedling RF device?

I got some explanations that both of those hurt the skin from surface to deepside to rebuild the skin. eventually both methods lead to reset the collagen and blend the skin cells from top to bottom. Am I right? then what is different about results from those methods??

Lasers vs microneedling- Video explains in detail.

Lasers use light at a particular wavelength to achieve a particular outcome, however microneedling RF uses radio frequency energy to deliver controlled heating into the dermal layers of the skin. The idea behind microneedling is to spare the upper layers of the skin (especially if the needles are insulated), and deliver the engery at the very tip. Overall, for fractional devices, microneedling RF gives a faster healing up time compared to lasers, as the upper surface is not compromised. (There are exceptions but generally less downtime). All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist