Is there any way to fix a "fatty" neck on a very thin, young woman? (Photo)

I am 20, weigh around 42kg but seem to have quite a bit of fat under my neck. It is not noticeable sitting up, mostly looking and laying down. Or is this considered normal? Liposuction?

Liposuction can fix your problem

It is not strange for a young woman to have fatty neck under neck area. This can happen with people of all ages. Fatty neck can be fixed by a  liposuction procedure in order to get a better chin/neck shape and look.

Fat under neck

Removal of under neck fat and improvement of jaw line can be done with liposuction. Vaser assited lipisuction  gives better result and more safe 

if you are reluctant for surgery you can have some improvement with HIFU... High Intensity Focused Ultrasound

Best of Luck

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Correcting fat in the neck

Thank you for asking about your fatty neck and liposuction.

• If this is fat - and even in thin people the neck can store excess fat - you can have liposuction of the area or Kybella injections.
  • To find out if this is the right approach for you, please see a qualified plastic surgeon.
  • Also please have your thyroid function checked - low thyroid can create this appearance.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS