Female Hair Loss from the age of 19. Current age 22. What can I do?

My hairloss is getting worse and it only happens in the crown of my head. My hair is noticeably thinner and thinner and Im considering shaving it off so many times.

Female hair loss

Hair loss can be caused by hormonal imbalances. I advise you to seek the advice of a doctor for a proper evaluation.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shaving your hair will not make them grow any faster or better. If you have hair loss issues

Shaving your hair will not make them grow any faster or better.  If you have hair loss issues it is best to see a doctor for a proper exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss in women

The most common cause of hair loss we see in women(like men) is due to genetic and hormonal factors.Other less common causes are thyroid disease,autoimmune disorders(e.g. Lupus),severe anemia,Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,protein malnutrition,severe stress.There are many medications that can cause hair loss as well.Minoxidil,Low Level Laser Light therapy and PRP are therapies that may help prevent further loss and thicken up some of the thinned hair.Your first step should be a thorough evaluation by a Dermatologist or experienced Hair Restoration surgeon.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Female hiar loss

I have written extensively about female hair loss and posted below a link to my writings so that you can become more aware of how doctors go about diagnosis in women with hair loss

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon