Why do my eyes look more sleepy and smaller after asian double eyelid surgery? (photos)

This is my week 2 after double eyelid surgery. The before photo is on top and after photo is on the bottom. Why do my eyes look more swollen and smaller? :(

Swelling After Asian Blepharoplasty

Dear love555666,

Swelling is a common side effect seen after Asian eyelid surgery. The swelling will typically resolve over time.

You should see your surgeon at regular intervals and when problems or concerns arise. He or she is in the best position to guide you through your recovery. Relying on an online forum such as RealSelf is insufficient.

Best of luck.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD