Crooked mouth on the right side of my face after lower jaw surgery when I smile and when I say the letter O (Photos)

I am 2.5 weeks post op from my lower jaw surgery where the bones are cut to give me a shaper looking jawline. It's purely aesthetic and the Koreans call it Vline surgery. However, I noticed that the right side of my lip is crooked when I smile, when I pursed my lip and when I say the letter "O". There's also a tingling sensation in my teeth when I touch a nerve on the right side of my jaw. My doc said everything is normal. Should I be worried? Please help! Thanks.

Crooked lips

I would wait some time before you get worried.  It appears you have a weakness of the marginal mandibular nerve, which is a small nerve that runs over the area of the jaw where you had surgery.  While there is a small chance the nerve was damaged, it is more likely just shocked or stretched from the surgery.  This usually recovers over the next few weeks to months.

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon