Would Botox help my "excessive sweating" ?

I am Caucasian, petite (not overweight) and I live in Singapore. Whilst it is very humid here, I find that I sweat (underarms only, not face/hands) a lot even when in air conditioning. I may not even have excessive sweating but as a female, I find this quite embarrassing. I use roll on with not a lot of success.

Thanks for your query. Yes Botox helps a lot in hyperhydrosis. It can make you sweat free for 6 months. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Botox for underarm excessive sweating

Excessive sweating can be a significant challenge for patients. 
Botox, in many studies, have been shown to be a great treatment for localized excessive sweating when other medical and surgical causes have been eliminated.
I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.

I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Sweating

Botox is a fantastic way to stop sweating under the arms and works very well.  We frequently do this procedure in our practice.  Best, Dr. Green

Treating hyperhidrosis with Botox

Botox works great for this. I have a new technique which is in my links. It goes very quickly and is very comfortable. It can also be treated for long term success with either the Infini or Miradry.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Underarm sweating

Botox can be very effective for underarm sweating.  Most of my patients see significant reduction in the sweating and are able to stop worrying about wet spots on their clothing.  The best part is that the treatments usually last 4 to 6 months.

Good luck treating your condition. Dr. Gill

Marlin Gill, MD
Decatur Family Physician

Botox for sweating

Botox works very well to reduce sweating under the arms and the effect tends to last longer there than when used cosmetically on the face.  I have seen sweating reduced under the arms for up to a year from Botox in some patients.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for excessive sweating

Botox is a wonderful life changing treatment for people with excessive underarm sweating, typically called Hyperhidrosis.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon/dermatologist for an assessment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox for underarm sweating

Botox works very well for underarm sweating. You will need about 50 Units per side given in 10-15 injections  and the effects can lasts up to 6 months. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

Hello bellelewis1,

Botox is a very effective treatment for hyperhidrosis (excess sweating) with established protocols. Please note that you will need to continue the treatments in that Botox is not permanent. Find an experienced professional in your area to perform the treatment. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville OB/GYN

Excessive sweating

Botox is clinically proven to help with excessive sweating.  It reduces the secretion of sweat by working on the neurotransmission mechanism.  One treatment effect can last upto 9 months.  50 units in each arm pit is a good starting point.   Most insurance companies cover this treatment as medically necessary when you fulfilled the criteria by using strong antiperspirants and a few oral medications.

More recently many new options have become available whereby you can nuke your arm pits with a device called Miradry for permanent cure of this problem.  ThermiDry is a radiofrequency treatment is along the same lines but may require repeat treatments.

Good luck.

Samuel Siddiqui, MD
Delray Beach Physician