Would Botox help my "excessive sweating" ?

I am Caucasian, petite (not overweight) and I live in Singapore. Whilst it is very humid here, I find that I sweat (underarms only, not face/hands) a lot even when in air conditioning. I may not even have excessive sweating but as a female, I find this quite embarrassing. I use roll on with not a lot of success.

Botox Help for Excessive Sweating

Thank you very much for your question. Yes, Botulinum Toxin Type A has been shown to successfully eliminate hyperhidrosis under the arms, along the palms of the hands, and the soles of the feet. The results will last for up to six months, at which time a repeat Botox session will maintain the results. My advice is that you contact a board certified plastic surgeon to schedule a consultation. At this appointment, he/she will perform a physical examination, review your medical history, and discuss the use of Botox to curb your excessive sweating.

Yes, Botox injections under the arms will help control excessive sweating. Once injected, Botox will last approximately 4-6 months. It is best to go to your dermatologist or plastic surgeon to perform the treatment.

Neil Sadick, MD

Thanks for your query. Yes Botox helps a lot in hyperhydrosis. It can make you sweat free for 6 months. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Botox for hyperhidrosis

Yes, absolutely Botox can be helpful for hyperhidrosis, for most people that is. Generally speaking, Botox can reduce sweat production directly in the area it is injected into, and is commonly used in the underarms, palms of the hands, and soles of the feet. It is best to meet with your provider to discuss the details in your case. Good luck!

Omar K. Ozgur, MD
Mission Viejo Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for underarm excessive sweating

Excessive sweating can be a significant challenge for patients. 
Botox, in many studies, have been shown to be a great treatment for localized excessive sweating when other medical and surgical causes have been eliminated.
I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.

I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Sweating

Botox is a fantastic way to stop sweating under the arms and works very well.  We frequently do this procedure in our practice.  Best, Dr. Green

Treating hyperhidrosis with Botox

Botox works great for this. I have a new technique which is in my links. It goes very quickly and is very comfortable. It can also be treated for long term success with either the Infini or Miradry.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Underarm sweating

Botox can be very effective for underarm sweating.  Most of my patients see significant reduction in the sweating and are able to stop worrying about wet spots on their clothing.  The best part is that the treatments usually last 4 to 6 months.

Good luck treating your condition. Dr. Gill

Marlin Gill, MD
Decatur Family Physician

Botox for sweating

Botox works very well to reduce sweating under the arms and the effect tends to last longer there than when used cosmetically on the face.  I have seen sweating reduced under the arms for up to a year from Botox in some patients.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for excessive sweating

Botox is a wonderful life changing treatment for people with excessive underarm sweating, typically called Hyperhidrosis.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon/dermatologist for an assessment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD