I had my surgery yesterday and I got 500cc silicone implants. My right implant moved to the top right side. Is this normal?

I had a breast augmentation procedure done yesterday. After several hours when I decided to get up from sitting down in my bed watching TV I felt my right implant ( 500 cc silicone ) shift completely to the right. It moved high up on my chest and it was so high I could literally see it next to my colar bone. I have to say it was the worst pain ever! I started to get nausea and to throw up. The pain is indiscribable. I feel like contractions on my right breast. Is this normal?

I hope you've already talked to your surgeon

as what you describe sounds more like a hematoma than an implant shift as simple shifts return to where they were before the 'shift'.  You must contact your surgeon if you have not already.  If you have a hematoma, you should have it evacuated and the pocket cleaned out and the bleeding controlled.  This is not something that you sit on and hope that it will go away.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

See your surgeon immediately

You most likely have developed an acute hematoma. If the size on the right is much larger than the left, this is another symptom. You should see your surgeon right away. If there is no size difference, and the implant pocket was over dissected, an implant can ride up very high. Again see your surgeon as soon as possible.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

I had my surgery yesterday and I got 500cc silicone implants. My right implant moved to the top right side

1 day post op, severe pain and shift of fullness to the top of your breast are all signs of a possible hematoma (blood) in the implant pocket.  You should notify your PS about this.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

1 day post op

Thank you for your question. What you have described sounds very unusual. I would recommend that you contact your board certified plastic surgeon immediately. Best of luck.

Joseph G. Bauer, MD, FACS

What you described is not normal.  You may have bleeding around the implant which would cause pain and  displacement.  Contact your surgeon as soon as possible.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I had my surgery yesterday and I got 500cc silicone implants. My right implant moved to the top right side.

If you haven't already, you need to call your surgeon.   You may have had a post-op bleed causing the implant to become displaced.   You need to be examined right away.

Jeffrey Antimarino, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon