Should I wait to remove lipoma?

half dollar size lipoma forming on the right scapula. Located where my bra strap sits,not visible but can feel it. The surgeon said it is deeper than a superficial one. he wants to put me under because of the area being difficult and muscle in the way to get it all. I am a hairstylist and a fitness instructor. Will I be able to return to doing hair lifting the arm constantly, exercising and yoga after 5 days? I am concerned about muscle and nerve damage. Is it better to wait til it's larger?

Lipoma Removal

Once it has been determined that the soft tissue lesion is a benign lipoma removing it can be coordinated with your schedule.  If it is giving you symptoms such as from pressure on a nerve or other structure then it should be removed sooner and not excessively delayed. It is best to discuss this with your surgeon.

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I wait to remove lipoma?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  It is normally best to remove lipomas when smaller as it allows for a shorter incision and easier recovery.  Based on your location I would take a few more days off to allow the skin to heal sufficiently before stressing it during yoga exercises, but you would be able to return to work in 5 days.  Hope this helps.