How does arm position effect a lipoma removal?

Will having my elbow out and hand up towards face position during the excisssion be more beneficial for my occupation as a hairstylist with recovery? What can I expect for post op pain? Will mobility and strength be compromised? What can I ask the doc to do in surgery to prevent scarring or tissue damage

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  In most cases incisions are placed in such a way so as to limit the tension that everyday activities will place on them.  Though you may feel some slight "pulling" on the incision it should not prevent you from working.  Pain will be mild to moderate, with many patients not needing prescription pain medication, while you should maintain full mobility and strength.  Hope this helps.