Ever since I was a teen I developed a nose hump only on one side of my nose. Wine collapsed nose bridge (Photo)

To the point it sticks out my skin . Like you can see the little point of it . Maybe it's cause I have thin skin but I hate it . Also I noticed there's a collapse in the middle of my nose making it look pinched and crooked since my right side is perfect . I'll add pictures of what it looks like , why did this happen and how can I fix it

Bump on nose

The bump can be shaved down and the deviation can be improved. Best to be seen in person for an appropriate evaluation.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish removal of the dorsal hump, and a spreader  graft will need to be performed to help with the collapse in the midportion of the nose. All this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs. I would highly recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the most accurate advice. From the looks of your photos and what you are described, I think you would benefit from a hump reduction to remove the hump on the side of your nose and cartilage or grafts to build up the collapse in the bridge of your nose. We can use cartilage from the nose or ear (this does not deform the ear) or MTF cartilage which is human donor cartilage.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction and spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal bridge irregularities

It's not that you did anything wrong; this may be a direct result of the way your nose developed.  This is corrected with rhinoplasty surgery.  Currently, your nasal bones are wider than the middle vault of your nose.  There are two options: 1. Narrow the nasal bones to match the width or 2. Widen the middle vault to match the nasal bones.  As you are unhappy with the "pinched" appearance of your middle vault, you would most likely choose the latter option.

Collapse of Nasal Upper Lateral Cartilage

Your middle nasal vault is made up of a set of paired upper lateral cartilages and the central nasal septal cartilage. When all are aligned perfectly, the nose appears smooth with the nasal bones and the dorsal aesthetics lines are even. For whatever reason, i.e. childhood injury, adult trauma, deviated nasal septum, congenital variation etc., your left upper lateral cartilage is more concave than it should be. This results in the appearance of "collapse" when compared to the right "normal" side. In addition, the junction of the cartilages and nasal bones appear more prominent on the left which creates the small protrusion you see and do not like. Fortunately, a well placed cartilage spreader graft and other rhinoplasty modification can correct this problem. An open approach rhinoplasty may be best to access your middle vault and perform the appropriate techniques for correction of the upper lateral. Consult with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon for further information and recommendations. Hope this explanation helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon