What is the risk of 2 procedures done at same time brazillian butt and a tummy tuck?

Tummy Tuck and BBL at the same time?

I have done these procedures together many times.  But, I warn all my patients that it is a very tough recovery and there is an increased risk of complications when other procedures are combined with a tummy tuck.  Do them separately if you can.  When you have a tummy tuck, you can't sleep face down.  When you have a BBL, you cannot sleep on your back.  If you have fat placed into your hip areas, you cannot sleep on your sides.   Something must be compromised.  Many patients choose to do them together to minimize time off work and have just one recovery period.   But discuss the risks of combined surgeries with your surgeon.   As far as comments made about the fat just going away.  That can be true if performed by a surgeon who does not know what they are doing.   I have been performing BBL's for almost 20 years now.   I have NEVER had a single patient lose any significant volume of their fat. I typically expect at least 80% or more of the fat to stay permanently.  Butt Implants have a very high complication rate!  I have never had any patients unhappy with their BBL results!   

Tummy tuck and butt augmentation

Dear Lisa,   There are two important issues related to your questions. The first one is BBL. I can tell you that this procedure is a total waste of your time and your money. That is because the fat disappears completely or almost completely after few months or even sooner. I have seen it on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants surgery, after their big disappointment from the fat injection surgery that was done by other surgeons. Think about it this way. If fat injection was consistent and reliable, most women would have preferred it for breasts augmentation over breasts implants. The reality is that the number one cosmetic surgery in the US is breasts augmentation with implants...  Your best option is butt implants, because they do not disappear and when done in expert hands, they are very attractive and natural looking.   The second issue is combination of tummy tuck and other surgeries, especially liposuction. In a recent article in the plastic surgery journal that was based on data obtained from insurance company that insure only cosmetic surgery cases, it was demonstrated that combining tummy tuck with other surgeries, increase complication rate X 2-3.  Combining tummy tuck with liposuction increase complication rate X 10 ! In Florida it is illegal to do tummy tuck with liposuction of over 1000 cc due to the severe complications (including death) that occurred in this state...   In my practice I limit tummy tummy tuck as a sole procedure unless it is associate with small procedure like blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), lipo of arms, otoplasty (ear tuck) etc. Combination of tummy tuck with lengthy procedures or painful procedure are not performed.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who perform surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Also, check the reviews on 'ReaSelf'  for ratings and  positive experience reports.                                        Best of luck,                                                                    Dr Widder

Tummy Tuck and BBL

The combination of a Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck is one that I do fairly commonly.  There really isn't much more of a risk of doing the procedures together than you would have if you did them separately.  Positioning afterward can be a bit more tricky.  I advise patients to lay on their back but put pillows under the small of the back and upper thigh to "cradle" the buttocks, or sleep on their sides.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who does these combination procedures routinely to discuss your options.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and BBL

Thank you for your question.  This is a set of procedures we do all the time.  It does add a little time to the length of surgery, but it is generally very safe.  One issue is that because of the tummy tuck it is harder to stay on your side, and after BBL, it is preferable to avoid direct pressure on your buttocks for 6 weeks to maximize fat graft take.  Some people want to stage the procedure to maximize the take of the BBL.  Something to keep in mind.  Best to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL

Personally, I do not perform these together but stage them as separate procedures. I believe both at the same time make recovery of the other area difficult and longer surgical procedures increases risks including blood clots.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

What is the risk of 2 procedures done at same time Brazilian butt and a tummy tuck?

The combination can be performed safely in healthy patients and is done several times a week in my practice.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

GreetingsThank you for your question, this are common surgeries that can be both performed at the same time however the recovery takes longer and and more pain. It becomes mostly uncomfortable for the patients with the sleeping position.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

BBL & TT

Thank you for your question.I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazillian buttock lift and tummy tuck

Thanks for this question.It's very tempting to want to combine surgeries because the costs are usually less and the downtime is usually less. In addition, in your case, one can aggressively suction the piece of skin that is to be removed. However the risks and complications increase significantly when surgeries are combined. This is specifically the case for tummy tuck and buttock lift. That's the reason I never combine the two.