Plan of Action a Questions- Hips/Flanks and Thighs. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm 5'4 and 137lbs. I'd approximate that I'm only about 5-10lbs from my ideal weight. I have always held more weight in my bottom half and have been looking into either liposuction or coolsculpture/similar treatments. My main goals would be inner thighs and hips/flanks. I don't necessarily need a perfect thigh gap, but less rubbing/chaffing of my thighs would be really ideal as I really enjoy fitness activities. Any recommendations on areas and potential procedures? Thanks!

Liposuction versus Coolsculpting

It appears as though you're a great candidate for liposuction of those areas or even Coolsculpting.  Coolsculpting involves no surgery, no downtime, no incisions, and no recovery.  However, only about 20-25% of the fat will be removed.  For much greater fat removal and contouring, liposuction would be better.  This does involve surgery, but the scars are tiny and the recovery is about a week of taking it easy.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Lipo sculpture

You are an ideal candidate for lipo sculpture. Find a board certified plastic surgeon, who operates at a certified facility and does a ton of lipo sculpture and you will be in good hands. Don't shy away from asking how many lipo sculptures in women like myself did you do last year? Don't accept vague answers and good luck. Cool sculpt and other techniques give you less than you need. Good luck.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate?

Liposuction for your inner (medial) thighs and flanks would be very appropriate for you. However, there are minimal fat collections, so the surgeon should be very conservative in this trwatment to avoid overresecting. 

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

You look like a good candidate for liposuction. It is best that you be seen in person to determine what would be best for you.

Liposuction

Hello and thanks hanks for the question. You appear to be an ideal candidate for li position of the inner thighs and flanks by a BCPS particularly because you are so close to your ideal weight. 

Best of luck to you. 

DrBurnett#RealSelf100

Hip, flank and thigh treatment

Thank you for asking about your hip, flank and thigh liposuction.

• You should have a very nice result from a small cannula liposuction of the problem areas.
  • Coolsculpting is an option but is painful, costs as much, requires multiple treatments and cannot contour the area precisely.
  • An experienced plastic surgeon is the best specialist to see.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Body contouring

Liposuction will improve your hourglass appearance. Without thigh pictures it is tough to comment, but liposuction should improve that as well. You should definitely be examined in person by a plastic surgeon.

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a liposuction.  This can be performed in a way to improve your overall contour.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction

Liposuction, actual removal of fat cells, will probably give you a nice results. Noninvasive procedures like cool sculpting, cannot guarantee results. There is a small population of people who do not see much change after these procedures. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon