My underam skin got a lot darker after a 25% chemical peel. Is it normal or will it always be like this? Will it go away?(Photo)

My skin started to peel on the second day after sweating a lot that morning. I could pull out the skin easily with no pain. Then I put on a fade cream to improve the darkness. The first two days after the peeling, my skin seemed to be lighter but from the third day It got darker. Now a week is already drawing near and I feel like part of my underarms got more darker than it was before. It does feel tight and leathery and itches as well. Will the darkness go away?

It Is Normal

Side effects are minimal and temporary. Things that people normally experience after a peel are redness, tightness, and sloughing of the skin. Peeling of the skin usually lasts for 2-5 days, depending on the person and the depth of the peel.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Underram pigmentation of the skin

Underarm pigmentation can be improved with a combination of Melapads daily exfoliation and Melarase creams for skin lightening. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS