How many FUE grafts of hair I need to restore my hair loss? (photos)

FUE is the type of harvesting method. It does not dictate the number of grafts you may need for surgery.

FUE is the type of harvesting method. It does not dictate the number of grafts you may need for surgery.  It is best to see a doctor for an examination to make sure you would be a good surgical candidate.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

An approximation in numbers

I will recommend you to use something non-surgical to hold onto the existing hair, such as Rogaine/Minoxidil, Propecia, laser therapy or PRP (platelet rich plasma).
Depending on age: if over 30 years old, you could add 3000 grafts. if you are under 30 I estimate 2000-2500 to front and top area. You may need to do it again later on just to add density.
If you are under 30 we wouldn't add hair in the back area because the pattern is still too unstable.
The best way to really tell a more accurate number can only be given after a direct evaluation at the consultation.
Best of lucks and please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.
Sincerely,
WY

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many grafts do I need?

There is no substitute for a one-on-one examination and a good hair restoration surgeon to answer this question. I don't know your age and this is critical because you should probably be on the drug finasteride to try to reverse the hair thinning that your picture shows if you are under 30.  See a doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon