Breast revision 6 months Post op; Should I try wearing a bandage in hopes to push the implant down? (Photo)

Hi. I had surgery in April 2016 375 cc saline moderate profile. I'm not pleased with the size and I've notice that my right breast is sitting higher than my left and there's under my right nipple. Would would going bigger 450 and high profile help? Should I try wearing a bandage in hopes to push the implant down??

Breast implant sitting too high 6 months after revision

Based upon the photo you provided, it appears unlikely that wearing a bandage would be sufficient to cause your right implant to drop to the level of your left. I would recommend that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon for evaluation and to discuss your treatment options.

Breast revision 6 months Post op; Should I try wearing a bandage in hopes to push the implant down?

At 6 months post-op, your breasts are likely nearly completely healed. Though scar tissue (including the capsule around your implants) can change for 6-12 months, it is unlikely to "suddenly" soften and allow your high implant to drop, elastic bandeau or not.

Won't hurt, but probably won't help.

If noted sooner, I would have recommended  elastic, and probably also tried Singulair and Vitamin E, though this works in only about half of patients who have or appear to be developing capsular contracture. I think you may have capsular contracture, and if your implants are  above the muscle, this may have increased that risk.

Depending on how long your breasts have been this way (if you are still seeing some changes, time, elastic, and Singulair/Vitamin E may be appropriate while you wait until healing is stable), I suspect re-operation will be necessary. Since you are contemplating larger implants, this could be accomplished at the same operation. Make sure you and your surgeon are clear about who pays for what with re-do surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Revision

Looks like you might need a revision and probably a lift as well.  Best to be seen in person for a proper evaluation.

From your photo I would believe you have the possibility of some different things going on.  One possibility is that you have developed a capsular contracture, in which case the implant is firmer and sits higher. This usually develops over time.  Another possibility is that you likely needed a lift with your augmentation with proper release of the muscle in the lower pole of the breast. This allows for the implant to drop into the proper position.  Essentially, your breast is falling off the implant.  See your doctor and ask him what he/she thinks is happening. If you don't like what you hear, you can always seek out another opinion. Good Luck!

High sitting breasts

Although it's ok for breasts to be sitting high right after surgery, they normally tend to settle down after a few months.  6 months after surgery the likelihood of this happening is very small.  Aggressive downward massage may be beneficial but a surgical revision to release the lower capsule is the quickest and most definitive step to improve your breast asymmetry.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implants too high

to correct this you will need to undergo a revision procedure to adjust the lower portion of your implant pocket and allow the implants to settle into the position where they belong. IF you like the upper pole fullness you currently have, then switching styles to a HP style implant may be a good idea, as for volume/size, that is a personal preference. 

Breast implants too high after breast augmentation surgery…

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, it is unlikely that any type of "bandage", garments, or bandeau will be helpful.  Although the breasts may change over the course of the next several months, it is possible that revisionary breast surgery will be necessary to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with. This operation, depending on your physical examination, will likely involve capsulotomy (adjustment of the breast implant capsules along the lower breast poles)..

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice.  Best wishes.