Is it reasonable to get full abdominoplasty, breast lift and augmentation and liposuction all at the same time?

I have lost almost 50 pounds since having my 2 kids. My breast are a small C but saggy since having kids. I want my breast rounder and perkier. I have extra skin and still some belly fat. I think i need liposuction on my inner thighs and hips and maybe butt. What is the typical cost for something like this?

Mommy Makeover: Tummy Tuck and Augmentation Mastopexy

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.   #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.     The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.

In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

Always talk to a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your issues and concerns. Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction first as this guarantees more fat to be harvest than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck with breast augmentation or lift.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy makeovers and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Cost of breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction

It is possible to do all the procedures at one time. This would be a very lengthy procedure and would be best to do in a hospital with an overnight stay. When you add the liposuction, doctor fees, anesthesia, and hospital costs, which would be additional. You are looking around $10,000 and this is a very rough estimate.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Mommy makeover

After 50 lb weight loss and two pregnancies, I recommend a mommy makeover.I would begin with your breasts first, using a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift™.The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.For the abdomen, I recommend Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement.The mesh increases the mechanical strength of the abdominal wall resulting in a more hourglass figure, early satiety, weight loss and maintains the reduced weight.After your weight is reduced from the abdominoplasty, then consider liposuction.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Cost of mommy makeover

The cost of the mommy makeover can very significantly depending on a number of issues.  A large tummy tuck will cost more than small one.  A breast lift with implants will cost more than implants alone. Also silicone implants will cost more than saline implants. If you are having liposuction done as well it depends on the volume and how many areas are done.  Figure at least $12,000 minimum but could go as high as 17 or $18,000.  If money is an is sure, set out your priorities and have done first the operation you want the most.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss! As long as the patient is healthy, I routinely perform tummy tuck, breast lift and liposuction together. In addition to a financial savings to the patient, combining procedures is preferred because you will have just one anesthesia and recovery event. I recommend that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to explore your options.

Multiple procedures

It is possible to perform multiple procedures at the same time depending on your health and the extent of the procedures.

Jan Garcia Jr., MD

Breast lift, tummy tuck and liposuction all at once?

Depending on how much liposuction you want - 
the answer is definitely yes, assuming you are healthy and your surgeon considers it possible to do the surgery in 5 - 6 hours or less.

Liposuction for this combination is usually on the flanks, side of the  chest and upper abdomen.

And well done on the weight loss! It's a excellent accomplishment.

Mommy Makeover Considerations

All mommy makeover procedures begin with one important goal - "DO NO HARM!". 
The moms that walk into my office all have unique concerns, complaints and issues. The final decision for type and extent of surgery will focus on safety first and quality of outcome second. If there is any question that safety is jeopardized then the plan is altered.
My first consideration is surgical time. For surgery that extends past four hours, the risks of blood clots in the legs and infection rise. In addition, most surgeons will agree that their own skills are not as sharp when surgery drags on.
The second consideration is being sure that the procedures combined will be safe at the time of surgery and will do well together in the post-op period. For instance, performing a buttock lift (lie on your stomach) and a breast lift (lie on your back) at the same time is impossible unless you plan to stand for three weeks.
Weight considerations are important for the surgery as well as the long term success of the procedures. I always want my patients to be at a stable weight. It is less important to be skinny and more important to be stable. It is also important to have lost all the weight from prior pregnancies so the assessment can be accurate.
The cost of the procedure is like an a la cart menu. Different procedures are added to the price. More procedures performed at one sitting does have some cost advantages including decreased anesthesia, nursing and facility fee costs. Performing all procedures at one time also allows for one recovery.
For a full tummy tuck I prefer the High Lateral tension abdomenoplasty. This technique allows the best hourglass shape abdomen and also allows liposuction to be performed on the upper abdomen and the flanks.
The typical time for this procedure is 2 to2 and 1/2 hours.
I hope this is helpful.
Good luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Mommy Makeover

Without pictures or a physical examination, it is difficult to say what the best treatment plan would be. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring, tummy tucks and breast augmentation for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon