New Jersey Silicone Lip Injection Correction Doctor Recommendations

I had Silicone injected into my lips about 10 years ago. I also have had two corrective surgeries, but my lips are still bumpy and too large. I would like to even them out and reduce the size. Can anyone recommend a doctor that has expertise in this corrective procedure?

Silicone injections for lips

Regards, 

Liquid silicone is unsafe, please do not use it ever. The autoimmune response could be triggered by this substance, if you look around on th Internet, you will find patients that have a lot of problems with this product. The use for lips and other areas is off label. The inical use is for retine problems. 

Our plastic surgery center specializes in the treatment of biopolymers injections and its complications (permanent fillers: liquid silicone, Polyacrylamide Gel, PMMA, Biogel, Macrolane, Metacryletc) in the face, lips, buttocks and other soft tissues. The Biopolymers cause a severe inflammatory reaction that can cause permanent damage to the tissues, known as Iatrogenic Allogenosis and an Autoimmune Syndrome (A.S.I.A. Syndrome). In our plastic surgery center, I developed the technique of resection of biopolymers in face, lips, buttocks and lower back through video endoscopy, a surgery performed with minnimal incissions to treat patients with permanent deformities, secundary to biopolymers injections. If you want to increase your lips, use hyaluronic acid, for example Juvederm, that is safe and effective.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Silicone injections for lips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards, 

Silicone injection in lip

Silicone injections in various parts of the body has been done quite frequently all over the country.  The difficulty with silicone injections begins with the quality of the silicone itself.  I have seen many cases where industrial grade silicone has been injected inside the human body.  This can be a tremendous disaster.  Problems can include infections, granulomas, cellulitis, and persistent skin infections, disfigurement and skin dimpling.  It is very easy to have silicone injected, but very difficult to have it removed.  The removal can frequently be very complex and involved lengthy surgery. Multiple operation is not uncommon.   It is not uncommon to expect scars in locations that would otherwise be undesirable.  If you do have silicone, or are having problem with silicone that was injected by a non-healthcare provider then you should certainly seek medical attention.  Some solutions include IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics and surgery after the inflammation has subsided.  Removing the silicone is not just a cosmetic issue but also an issue of better health.  Depending on the type of silicone injected concerns with autoimmune diseases and infections are foremost.  Taking medications such as ibuprofen or cortisone is only a temporary measure.  The real solution is surgery.  Not all plastic surgeons are willing to operate on patients who have had silicone injected in their body.  Many of these cases are not covered by insurance because they were performed for cosmetic reasons.  My recommendation to anyone that has had silicone injections and wishes to have it removed, is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is likely willing to do more than 1 operation as well as willing to do some of these operations in a hospital setting. I have had patients visit me for removal of silicone and the discussion to proceed is never an easy one.

Silicone injection in lip

Correcting Silicone Lumps on the Lips

Silicone can cause an inflammatory reaction leading to lumps and nodularity. Since the lips are dynamic, this can result in a static anatomic deformity as well as a functional deformity of the labia. I frequently administer a regimented protocol to improve silicone nodularity in the lips and face. The treatment entails TAC injections, conservative management, and surgery. This will decrease the anatomic and inflammatory causes of the deformity.

Correcting Silicone Lumps on the Lips