Silicone Injections for Hollow Temples Migrated to Eyes - Bad Results

I had liquid silicone injected in the temple area to fill in my hollow temples. Right away it migrated towards my eyes and now I have terrible results!: Puffy eyes, bags under my eyes (never had them before) and 1 eyelid drooping etc. What can be done about this? Is there anyway to help my eyes? I have the idea that the puffy eyes are because of the fluide-drainage not works well because it gets worse when I' ve cried. Is there a way to help this or at least improve my eyes? tnx

Doctor Answers 2

Removing silicone and complications around the eyes

Silicone may migrate or cause a secondary inflammatory reaction that should be treated conservatively, or in some instances in my practice, I have chosen to remove silicone injected by other clinicians.  Surgery90210

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

First, please report the individual who injected you to the authorities.

If you live in the United States, this individual if they are a doctor should be reported to the FDA and the State Medical Board where you live.  If they are not a doctor, then they are practicing medicine without a license.  

I am so sorry for you that you are in this situation.  For anyone reading this who is considering silicone injections to the face, do not have this.  You will regret this choice.

For your lower eyelid issue, these swelling change is now likely to be a life time issue.  There is no substitute for a personal consultation.  Rarely the silicone can be partially removed.  However, this is typically only done when a localize inflammatory nodule develops.  One option that is use for some is to fill around the irregularities with hyaluronic acid fillers.  This fillers can be adjusted with enzyme if necessary.

Because with any surgical fixes.  A well meaning surgeon can do some very serious damage to you beyond what you are now experiencing.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.