Are Silicone Butt Injections Illegal?

i had several butt injections to enhance, lift and reshape my butt 10 years ago. I do believe it was silicone that was used from the descriptions here. i now have hard tumor like balls that have migrated to the sides of my hips. is this dangerous and can they be removed? also were these injections of silicone illegal? Thanks.

Are silicone butt injections illegal?

Regards, 

Liquid silicone is unsafe, please do not use it ever. The autoimmune response could be triggered by this substance, if you look around on th Internet, you will find patients that have a lot of problems with this product. The use for lips and other areas is off label. The inical use is for retine problems. 

Silicone injections or any other similar product are illegal because they produce bodily injury, this is punishable from a legal point of view as a bad medical practice if it was a doctor, or as a bodily injury if it was another type of person. The biopolymers should be removed when the inflamed nodes are present, because that means that there is an abnormal response.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Butt fillers with silicone - complications

Silicone injections have become quite commonplace, especially since volume fillers have become more prevalent. Patients are often in search of permanent fillers that do not have to be replaced, but rarely understand that these fillers come with longterm complications, including inflammation, a rejection reaction, and fibrosis.  Our office specializes in silicone removal for patients who have undergone these fillers in the face and body. We have seen quite a few patients regain their livelihood once the fillers are removed.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Butt Fill Injections - Silicone, Hydrogel, Valvoline

The law defines what local doctors would do under similar circumstances as the Standard of Professional Practice. For malpractice to occur, a doctor needs to do something that is totally different from what his colleagues would do ( IE deviation from this local standard) AND for that breach to have resulted in an injury.

Since butt injection of NON-FDA approved substances is NOT practiced by most doctors (in most communities in this country) that would constitute a deviation from the standard of care and you sound as if you have a resulting injury. So in theory you may have a malpractice case.

But it would be hard for you to collect anything. The reasons - in most of these cases the injections are done by non-licensed practitioners, who are uninsured in hotel rooms / homes and "pump partis" and it would be hard to convince a jury that you did not really know that your buttocks injections were not really a conventional treatment.

By the way, removal of silicone scars is VERY hard and would leave depressed scars. In effect you will be changing one deformity for another.

If it sounds too good to be true...