Silhouette Thread Surgery Left Bumps

A year back I had four threads inserted into my cheeks two on each side post surgery i had obvious bumps on each side of my top cheek's. Over 1 year later the bumps are still there so i got the threads removed and 4 months later there still there. Please help. Many thank.

Consult with Your Surgeon

Minor bumps are a common side effect of such a procedure, as each patient reacts differently to a silhouette lift. Still, it would be best for you to consult with the surgeon who performed your silhouette lift to inquire about the bumps you are experiencing. He or she knows your condition best and would be the most informed person to figure out what the cause of the bumps is and to thus direct you. Though it may not be a major concern, I strongly advise that you schedule a follow-up visit with your surgeon to get peace of mind about this issue.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thread Surgery Left Bumps....

The bumps may be small area of scar tissue around the knots. Gentle massage and possible injection of cortisone may help.

Elliot M. Heller, MD