How painful is BBL?

Do you need pain medicine for BBL?

How painful is BBL?

Thank you for your question. The feeling after a BBl procedure is very patient specific, some patients may experiece more discomfort than others.  Imagine that you’ve just returned from a hard work out at the gym for the first time in several months. The day after that workout, you would feel deep aching and throbbing sensations. This is what patients experience after undergoing a liposuction and BBL procedure — usually a throbbing or aching feeling that is easily tolerated with moderate oral pain medications. Your recovery starts day one after surgery. Pain medications are usually only necessary for the first few days. On days four through fourteen you will still feel sore, but significantly less than you experienced on days two and three. That said, you need to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL pain

Thank you for your question.  Every patient’s pain tolerance is different. I do prescribe some pain medication during post-operative recovery after a Brazilian butt lift but I have had patients opt to not use prescription pain medication and just use over the counter medication. You will have some discomfort due to swelling and bruising from the liposuction and fat reinjection but everybody experiences different levels of pain after the procedure. If you do not wish to take prescription pain medication or your surgeon doesn’t prescribe it for this procedure then you should be able to tolerate any pain with over the counter medication and icing the areas, the body garment can also help with any discomfort you may experience. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon