Tummy tuck, looking for a really good surgeon and price! Miami offered $4500. Does anyone in AZ have prices like this?

Tummy Tuck MR, Lipo ..

Tummy tuck, looking for a really good surgeon and price!

The price you mentioned above does not sound realistic. The most important is finding the most qualified Board Certified PS to perform the surgery. If the price sound too cheap comparing to other practices-- maybe there is a reason for it... You get what you pay for.. Please, do your research...

Thank you for your question. Best is to check on the website of the American Board for the surgeons close to you. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Is that price just the surgeons fees or does it include anesthesia and the facility charge? So this is a hard one to answer because you did not really give us all the information. So if this is just the surgeons fees well yes, most of us charge about that price for surgeons fees only. If that price includes all the anesthesia and facility fees then run. It is simply not possible to do it that cheap unless it is a total gimmick situation. I am not really sure why patients do this with plastic surgery but they shop for the absolute cheapest situation possible at no cost. Let me ask you tattooeife80. If you needed open heart surgery would you shop for the cheapest doctor you can find? My guess is the answer is heck no! So why is a tummy tuck any different. This is your body and you should respect it as your temple no matter what the surgery is. So do yourself a favor, stop looking for the cheapest price and look for a board certified plastic surgeon with an excellent reputation and track record for doing the best job in this world and the one that you 100% get a warm good feeling from when you meet them. That is what you need. This "who can do better price" attitude will only get you multiple revision surgeries that in the end will cost you 10 times what it would have to just pay for the surgeon you trust no matter what the price.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tummy tuck for $4500

This is not a realistic price for a tummy tuck. I would suggest you seek out a BOARD-CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON for an expert consultation and recommendation . 

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Price too good to be true

thank you for your question.  That sound very low for an abdominoplasty from a board certified plastic surgeon. I would certainly do your home. It is possible that is the surgeon's fee and is not inclusive of anesthesia or facility fees. Good luck to you.

Cheapest price for a tummy tuck

avoid the gimmicks and selling yourself short on prices. You'll end up paying it in the end. Look for a Board- certified plastic surgeon from the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See two or three and chose from there-procedural price should not be the only factor. Good luck!

Sean T. Lille, MD

TT for $4500

Thanks for your question. This price sounds too good to be true. My advice is do your research. Pick an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Remember you get what you pay for. Good luck

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Tummy tuck price

Thank you for your question.  It's likely that is just the tummy tuck price for the surgeon and doesn't include the anesthesia and facility fee.  Please be careful in your research to see what is included so you can make a comparison.  In my tummy tucks I include the tightening of the muscle, the removal of the skin and Liposuction of the waistline. 

Other concerns with choosing a surgeon out of town is the follow up if there is a complication and you need to factor in travel expense (flight, hotel and rental car) to determine if it's really a good deal at the end of the day.

Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Cheap Plastic Surgery

In the ambulatory surgery center that I use, the cost of a roughly three hour operation is $2900; if I were to charge $4500, I would have $1600.  If you go to the ASPS website and see stats for 2015, you'll see that the average surgeon's fee for a tummy tuck is almost $5000.  I can assure you, if you keep looking, you'll find your surgeon to do it for $4500, but a serious word of caution: you are putting yourself at unnecessarily high risk for complications that my permanently impact your life. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS