I Have the Sickle Cell Trait (Carrier). Will That Affect Me Getting Breast Implants?

I have also always been anemic since i can remember. it being caused by iron deficiency and i take iron pills regularly. i usually fluctuate between being 9 to 11 in iron counts. it has never been higher.i have had one child delivery. will this affect me getting breast implants?

Sickle cell trait and implants

Having sickle cell trait is not a contraindication ot get breast implant surgery. You shold ge tmedical clearance as well.

Sickle Cell and Cosmetic Surgery/Breast Augmentation

Sickle cell trait is not a contraindication for elective surgery.  Sickle cell disease is.

Please have your hematologist optimize your condition before surgery.

Good Luck.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Sickle Cell Trait is not a contraindication for breast augmentation

Having sickle cell trait is not a contraindication for breast augmentation. Prior to surgery, your hemoglobin and iron levels should be optimized. Communication between your hematologist and your plastic surgeon can help with the timing and preparation for surgery.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Sickle cell and breast implants

I think the final word should be from your primary care doctor who knows your medical condition best.If he or she okays it there should be no problem.The amount of blood loss during a  breast aug is minimal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Sickle Cell and Breast Augmentation

The answer is YES, you can have breast augmentation if you are a carrier of the disease (and I assume you have never expressed the alleles that you carry? i.e. you have never had a Sickle Crisis?). I would recommend that first you discuss your plans with your family doctor/hematologist that follows you closely. And next, meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Breast Surgery and let them know your medical history. I also suggest that you have your Anesthesia performed by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist who will monitor you closely throughout the procedure.

I hope this helps!

Good luck....

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Sickle Cell Trait

If you have sickle cell trait and you are followed by your family physician or a hematologist that would give you medical clearance for the procedure then you could proceed.  In preparation for the procedure and during the procedure steps would be taken to prevent a crisis (YES people who have trait can have a crisis in certain situations).  Consult with several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

Dr. ES

I Have the Sickle Cell Trait (Carrier). Will That Affect Me Getting Breast Implants

Should be no issue IF you obtain a full medical clearance from your hematologist. Seek also 3 opinions from boarded surgeons in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091