Questioning a repeatedly appearing and disappearing mole. (photo)

Doctor Answers 1

Changing moles

Thank you for your question. Generally, moles do not come and go, and based on your statement, the lesion in question may not be a mole. There are other growths that may mimic moles, therefore, should be evaluated by a dermatologist. A dermatologist can examine the mole under higher magnification using an instrument called a dermatoscope and provide a definitive diagnosis. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesion checked and to discuss treatment options. Take care and good luck.

Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.