Can MiraDry destroy sebaceous glands in the armpit?

I don't sweat at all but my armpits do start smelling 10 mins after I step out of the shower. I've done research and it seems like odor is caused by not only bacteria breaking down apocrine sweat but also by breaking down the sebum (oil) secreted by the sebaceous glands in the armpit. So since it seems like destroying apocrine glands probably wouldn't solve this issue as I'm not sweat at all, can destroy the sebaceous glands (which are usually closer to the skin surface than apocrine glands)?

MiraDry for Underarm Odor

MiraDry is a great treatment for both bromohidrosis (body odor) and hyperhidrosis.  MiraDry effectively destroys the sweat glands, odor glands and some hair follicles in the armpits permanently.  For patients with severe sweating or body odor, we typically recommend 2-3 treatments.  Good Luck! 

Miradry addresses odor as well as sweat

Miradry quite effectively addresses underarm odor even if you don't have an issue with excessive sweating.  Many of our patients have had that as their primary compliant, over just excessive sweat production.  Give Miradry a try. I think you will be pleased with the results.

Grant Stevens, MD

MiraDry for bromhidrosis

There are 3 types of sweat glands - eccrine, apocrine, appoeccrine and all are trreated indiscriminately by the miraDry procedure.

Read my miraDry book on the link below, published in May 2012.

Dr Karamanoukian

Bromhidrosis treatment.

Absolutely! The miraDry laser is capable of killing both sweat and odor glands, you may also get a reduction in your hair follicles! Typically in our office, patients will only need 1-2 treatments to achieve a 70-85% reduction.

#destroyodorglands #miradry # hyperhidrosis #bromhidrosis

Best of luck to you

Sweat and Odor glands destroyed with MiraDry!

Absolutely! The miraDry laser is capable of killing both sweat and odor glands, you may also get a reduction in your hair follicles! Typically in our office, patients will only need 1-2 treatments to achieve a 70-85% reduction.

#destroyodorglands   #miradry   # hyperhidrosis #bromhidrosis

Best of luck to you