I currently have filler. Can I achieve a fuller look with better/more shape with filler and implants? (photos)

I really want fuller more defined lips. What is the best way to accomplish this? I don't want lips like Taylor Armstrong from RHOC (like duck lips). The problem is I don't have a cupid's bow. Mine are long and straight.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip augmentation is available to give you fuller, younger, sensual looking lips and to help improve your self confidence. Lip augmentation with fillers is an ideal procedure for adding volume to thin lips. It is not permanent which will allow you to determine if you like the fuller lip look. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I achieve fuller lips with better/more shape with filler

All lips will thin as they are stretched so without a photo of the lips in relaxed position no judgement can be made. Both synthetic HA fillers and fat transfer is good for increasing volume and, when injected correctly, improving shape. When the lip's volume is increased the lip will expand in 3 dimensions so there will be increase in projection. Very thin tight lips will have a limit as to their increase in size.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fuller lips using dermal filler

Based off your photos, you would appear to benefit from additional filler. The two keys for successful lip augmentation with dermal filler are:1) An experienced and expert physician injector who understands your objectives clearly prior to treatment. 2) The selection of the appropriate dermal filler to meet a patient's desired appearance.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

i suggest a formal consultation ... fillers, implants, fat can all be used for improvement in size and contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Implant not a good option

Thanks for your question and photos. In my opinion, lip implants are not the way to go. I've taken them out before in patients where they have migrated into an unnatural looking location. I agree with the other comments that you would be best served with some more filler in your lips. Make sure to see an experienced injector who is able to deliver the look you desire and to minimize procedure related complications. Best of luck in your area!~Dr. Sieber

Lip Enhancement

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, placement of additional filler could help you to achieve your desired look.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Can I achieve a better/more shape and fuller look with dermal fillers?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Dermal fillers are an excellent way to incrementally increase the size of your lips while also achieving greater definition.  Though the shape obtained will depend on your starting anatomy, see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon to maximize your results.