Breast Augmentation Revision?

Replacing 14 year old sub muscular saline implants with larger silicone plants. Can I achieve the look I want with just replacing the implants with larger ones? Of do I need internal support?

My comments

One of the main decisions you must make up your mind about is if you'll do a breast lift to relocate nipples or you'll let them (nipples) stay where they are now and you'll do only breast implants renewal.

If you do the lift there will be a slight limitation in size of the implants, which would notwithstanding be way larger than they are now, but not as large as in some of your wish pics (due to technical limitations bound by the mastopexy assembly). No limitation if no lift done.

Your implants seem to be eccentric to the sides and the breast pockets oversized to the sides too, this needs multipoing capsulorraphy, a high-end technique which only a well-experienced revision surgery doctor may provide to you with safety and skills.

Let me recommend anatomical shaped latest generation of implants, cohesive gel filled, macrotextured.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision?

Thank you for the question and pictures. It is challenging to give you precise advice with your arms elevated in the photographs. Having said that, it is most likely that you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery which may include: exchange for the appropriate breast implant size/profile,  additional support (capsulorrphy)  and/or breast lifting surgery (possibly circumareolar lift only).  Sometimes, depending on the patient's anatomic findings, additional support such as acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh may be helpful as well.
 Most important to your success will be careful selection of plastic surgeon. Make sure that he/she is a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate lots of examples achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation Revision?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a mastopexy (breast lift) to make your breasts perkier along with an implant pocket revision.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lift with replacement

You have double bubble deformity that will require capsulectomy, implant exchange with high profile cohesive gel, and full lifts. Best of luck

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation revision

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation revision.'
  • Based on your photos, you need a breast lift, probably with internal supportive material such as ADM or vicryl mesh.
  • When doing a breast lift, it is usually unwise to go larger than a 350 cc implant, because large implants combined with a lift are at high risk of poor healing.
  • So I suggest a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss what you want and what is in your best interests.
  • The photos you like appear to be women with large implants and small, tight breasts and that look may not be possible to achieve for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Larger Implants and Lift with the Revision

Yes, it is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket will need adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity. #BreastAugmentation without a #BreastLift is usually a mistake looked back on by many patients. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy.They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight altering the longevity of the results. The shape will usually not be satisfactory and sometimes results with “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. .A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.
With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation.  Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.