Blue stich found in nose a year and a half after Nose surgery. It's annoying can it be removed? Process? Likely outcome? (Photo)

I had my deviated septorhinoplasty along with turbin reduction Jan 2015. All went great. I've had some issues at the inside tip of my nose that seemed be be getting worse, dry mucus, irritating and sometime slightly painful when touched. Today I had the hubby look at it and he saw a blue stitch!! What is the doctor likely to do? I really would like it removed as it drives me crazy. Oh and I've moved since my surgery so can't just go see my old doc.

Suture removal

I would recommend that you see a local surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty.  There will be a small knot buried inside so you may need a small amount of local anaesthetic to remove it comfortably.

Hull Plastic Surgeon

Suture Appears inside the Nose Post Septorhinoplasty

Sutures can sometimes appear through the skin or mucosa, even many years after a successful rhinoplasty. Simply visit your local rhinoplasty surgeon and ask for the suture to be removed. Best to have a professional remove it. Leaving it alone is not only annoying, but can often lead to local irritation or infection. You should not have any problems removing this suture longterm. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suture at site

It is not unusual to have some dryness and irritation following a septoplasty.  The blue suture should be able to be removed by any physician, if it indeed is a small suture.  Often times the suture will simply pull out.  If it is a problem to remove, and Otolaryngologist or plastic surgeon can remove it for you and evaluate the healing.  Once the suture is out, the side effects that you mentioned should go away quickly.  I hope this helps!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon