Would I benefit more from a Lip lift, Rhinoplasty or both? (photos)

I want a sexier, softer feminine look. I would like a smaller nose, refined tip , "turned up" look, smaller nostril walls, round nostrils, and soften the root of the nose. I've had juvederm and radiesse in my top lip, but I want a more permanent solution. Any other suggestions like jowl liposuction or fat transfer? I'm considering getting this done in the next few years. I've lost 30lbs woohoo! But for a price. I miss my facial fat! Thank you kindly for your input! It means so much :)

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose along with a recessive and weak chin profile. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish refinement of the nose which can include narrowing the tip, narrowing the bridge and decreasing projection of the nose along with shaving down the dorsal hump. It's important not to over rotate the tip since you'll be looking down your nostrils from the frontal view. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making all the necessary changes to the nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. A lip lift is not required. Placement of a small chin implant through an incision underneath the chin can bring the chin forward to help a facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose from the side profile. Chin implants are manufactured out of Silastic and are placed through a small incision underneath the chin at the same time as the rhinoplasty, or as a standalone procedure under local anesthesia. For more information and many examples of this combination along with diagrams of the chin implants, please see the video and the link below

Thank you for your question. To answer your question about fat injectibles, you would benefit from their permanence should you be happy with the improvements in your lips that you have experienced with juvederm and radiesse. Rhinoplasty can create the smaller nose with the refined tip as you desire. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I benefit more from a Lip lift, Rhinoplasty or both?

Great question, a rhinoplasty would  serve  you well to get more tip definition and reduce the dorsal hump you have, would also recommend a chin implant as your profile is weak and that would strengthen your jaw line, lips are a more in depth conversation......good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon