Would I be eligible for Invisalign? (Photos)

Would I be able to get Invisalign for what I consider to be my overly crowded teeth? And if so roughly how long would it take for treatment?

Crowded Teeth

Great photos!
From what we can see in the photos, your teeth should be able to be straightened with Invisalign. Count on 12 to 15 months of Aligner Therapy, and a lifetime of retainers.
Traditional braces would also work nicely, in a shorter amount of time. 
You should visit an orthodontist that provides both Invisalign and traditional braces to see what options you have and all the particulars for each ( fee, duration of treatment, ease of usage, etc.).
Then, you will be able to make the right decision. Once your teeth are straighten out, you will Love Your Smile!

La Jolla Dentist

Braces vs. Invisalign

As a cosmetic dentist in Beverly Hills, we have done the most complex cases with Invisalign. They both work and they work well.
In your case you can do both, with braces probably working faster and more predictably. If you are OK with braces go with it and start ASAP.

If brace are a "NO NO" for you, then do Invisalign. You will needs some refinement after the treatment, but in the end it will give you a major improvement over what you have right now. So, get started , look forward to a beautiful and healthy new and straight smile and your gum will also improve.
Best of luck !   

Invisalign

Invisalign today is able to treat many complex cases compared to before. There is a very good chance you can treat with Invisalign but to best answer your question, I would need to see you in person and evaluate your case. You're welcomed to come in for a complimentary exam/consultation in order to be able to properly guide you as to what would give you the best results. Many of my patients do use Invisalign to treat such cases as yours. 

Sid Molayem, DDS
Beverly Hills Orthodontist

Invisalign and Gumlift

Having successfully treated many cases more crowded than yours using Invisalign, I say that you are a great candidate.  I have treated similar cases in about 14 months which was still less time than it would have taken using brackets and wires. Invisalign is not the same from one dentist to another. It is only a product and technique available for providing orthodontic care.  Invisalign results will vary depending on the experience of the dentist treating you.  I recommend you schedule a consultation with a Cosmetic Dentist or Orthodontist.  You will also want to discuss the probability that your gumline will still probably be low and your lip line high after any orthodontic treatment.  A complete gum lift will be a procedure that you will need to be educated on and consider if you do not want gums to show excessively when you smile.

Great yet challenging case for invisalign treatment

Invisalign clear aligner therapy, like braces (bracket and wire) are tools a dentist can use to create the proper force and momentum to safely re-position and align teeth.
The aesthetic differences are easy to tell. Invisalign treatment does not contain unsightly metal and wires, but rather it is a clear plastic. Teeth have tooth colored "attachments" placed for anchorage and certain movements.
Hygienically, the difference is tremendous. As, aligners are not worn when eating and drinking and are taken off when brushing and flossing. Whereas, traditional braces are fixed in the mouth and therefore are prone to trap food and are difficult to keep clean.

After reading this, one may ask, why would anyone choose braces? The answer is that in medicine there are always different options to achieve a desired outcome. And there are always different variables that make one option better than the next.

Some variables are patient born - meaning is the patient able to be compliant enough to wear a removable device vs a fixed wire and bracket? Conversely, is the patient going to have the manual dexterity to properly clean around braces vs easily removing the aligners and easily cleaning their mouth. Additionally, certain movements or current teeth malalignments may be better served with braces over invisalign. 

Some variables are Doctor born - meaning some are more comfortable with what they have been practicing and/or do not have enough experience with different options and therefore, suggest the one they are more comfortable with over the other.

If you are interested in seeing if Invisalign is a good choice for your specific situation, you should seek out an experienced Invisalign provider. An experienced Invisalign provider can easily tell you if you are better served with Invisalign or better served with bracket and wires or perhaps a combination of the two.  A general dentist can refer you to an orthodontist when needed as well for those severe cases that a specialists hands and knowledge would better serve you.
From your photos you look like a great yet chalanging case for invisalign treatment.  a full clinical workup would be needed to see if Invisalign is the "best" option for you.

Invisalign?

Thanks for posting the pictures. I have a different opinion about using Invisalign than the previous doctor. I would not treat your case with Invisalign. It can be treated more ideally , economically and faster with conventional orthodontics. I encourage you to have a consultation with an orthodontist who does both Invisalign and braces. Share your concerns and treatment goals and expectations. They should be able to help you with the treatment course that is best for you. 

Eligible for Invisalign

Invisalign clear appliance therapy is very effective for orthodontic cases involving anterior crowding of incisors. With the exception of major skeletal jaw deformities, Invislign has become an effective option for care. In your case, based on the photos you submitted, you appear to be "eligible" for this option and should proceed with a full consultation with an Invisalign provider.