short nose & over covering alar (photos)

as you can see from photos I have a short nose and over covering alar. But what really bothers me is the weak looking & hanging alar. Woukd it be okay if I had an alarplasty alone? What kind of alarplasty procedure would be given to my nose? Is there any permanent injection to make sure before I decided having surgery?

Doctor Answers 2

Short nose & over covering alar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The alar base can really only be reduced with surgery.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I think the best thing is for you to have an in-person consultation with a board certified specialist where 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like with changes to your nose.  Alarplasty can be performed to change the appearance of the ala, but it would be wise to get the opinion of an expert along with computer imaging.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.